Here’s an end-of-July report on what’s growing right now:
- Things we’re getting a lot of: cherry tomatoes, mustard greens
- Recently finished eating: beets and turnips
- Other plants being harvested regularly: yard-long green beans, eggplant, pickling cucumbers
- Plants that should be ready to harvest soon: bush beans, hot peppers, full-size tomatoes
- Plants suffering from serious problems: squash and collard greens (major insect damage), all non-cherry tomatoes (blossom-end rot), cucumbers (hard to say, but the vines are dying)
- Recently planted: edamame, cucumbers, beets and carrots sown outside. Swiss chard, Brussels sprouts and leek seeds started indoors.